7th APRIL WORLD HEALTH DAY
World Health Day 2012: ‘Add life to years, not years to life’ says WHO India
Ageing and health - to which each and every one of us can relate - is the theme of this year's World Health Day
Using the slogan "Good health adds life to years", here is a checklist which will help you in analysizing how healthy you are!!!
1.Climb up to the 2nd floor of your building and then check your rate of heart beat.
If your beat is high and you are unable to catch your breath even after 2 minutes of deep breathing, your level of cardiovascular fitness is low.
2. Ask yourself when was the last time you ate a fruit.
3. Are potatoes the only vegetables in your house???
4. How much alcohol do you drink? Keep an eye on the amount and have a regular kidney check up.
5. If you have a family history of diabetes a annual blood sugar and insulin check is a must after the age of 26yrs.
6. If you lead a sedentary life regular blood pressure and lipid profile check up is needed.
7. If you are a frequent(>2 times a week) non-veg eater annual uric acid and lipid profile is a must.
8. Menopausal women, make sure you have an annual pap test (for cancer), mammography & bone density test for osteoporosis.
9. For young mother haemoglobin and calcium check ups will help control health problems after delivery.
10. Maintain a food dairy. Check things like how much sugar you consume in a day, how often you eat fried foods.
11. If you are unable to get enough sleep for more than a month, your body will be less able to regenerate itself and you will be more likely to suffer from breakdown
The best way to manage your health is to have a full annual check up done and also pay attention to signals your body sends.