Monday 21 September 2015

Memories Many a times my clients ask me do I have to give up my favorite comfort food completely to lose weight?

Many a times my clients ask me do I have to give up my favorite comfort food completely to lose weight?


No! Healthy eating is all about balance. You can enjoy your favorite foods even if they are high in calories, fat or added sugars. The key is eating them only once in a while and balance them out with healthier foods and more physical activity.

Some general tips for comfort foods:
•Consume them less often. If you normally eat these foods every day, cut back to once a week or once a month. 


•Eat smaller amounts. If your favorite higher calorie food is an afternoon chocolate bar, have a smaller size. Be careful! This technique works well for some people, but others may find it is too tempting to have their favorite food available, even in smaller amounts.


•Try a lower-calorie version. Use lower-calorie ingredients or prepare it differently. For example, use grated panir instead of cheese on pizza, use less butter and whole wheat pav for pav bhaji. Just remember to not increase your portion size.

No comments:

Post a Comment