EAT HEALTHY THIS DIWALI
So its DIWALI time with lots of sweets and delicious dishes around you
What goes in your mind
Is it OK to eat all those sugar loaded sweets? Or should I avoid it completely!!!!!!!!!!!
Am I getting too many calories?
Will I be on the right track?
Will it lead to too much of weight gain??????????
These are some of the questions that come to our mind………………RIGHT
Well here are a few tips that will help you make your DIWALI binge a true feast!
1.Firstly, don’t think too much about calories during the few days of Diwali. Its a time to celebrate with friends and family. Enjoy life!.
FOLLOW MODERATION N YES TRY TO EXERCISE OR BE ACTIVE ATLEAST
2. Eat slowly and have fewer servings of many items – that way you will avoid risking a sugar rush from a particularly sweet product.
3.While cooking sweets use sugar blends like Splenda instead of sugar. You can also use jaggery. Use low fat or fat free milk instead of full fat milk. These will help in reducing the calories in sweets to a certain extent.
4. Plan your meals. If you know you will dine out, then eat less through the day. But don’t go starving to the party. Eat a light snack like a salad, soup, some lightly done vegetables, lentils, milk, yoghurt or nuts before you go out.
5. Choosing your snack well while partying is vital. For instance, eating rasgullas is better than gulab jamuns, which are fried and also high in sugar content. Similarly choose dry fruits over deep fried sweets.
6. Keep a tight control on portion sizes, especially when the variety seems endless.
7. At home, do not allow a build-up of sweets or chocolates. Chances are you’ll end up gorging on these. Get rid of them by gifting these to others.
Finally MODERATIONand EXERCISE is the key to good health.
Happy DIWALI and enjoy yourselves!!!!!