Detoxing and cooling drink
Looking for something refreshing to drink that will not only hydrate you but also detox and at the same time tastes delicious? This is the drink for you. There is nothing more refreshing then lemon, cucumber, watermelon and mint water! And wait until you find out the benefits!
- Watermelon contains organic compound citrulline that helps the body flush out toxins.
- Water helps flush nasty toxins and waste through our system giving organs like the liver and kidney an easier time doing their job.
- Lemon or lime juice helps stimulate and regulate the digestive, stimulates bile production, and thins out bile, which allows it to flow more freely.
- Mint leaves are not only a nice refreshing flavor to add to your drinks, but also help you digest more effectively and relax cramped up stomach muscles.
- Beets have shown themselves to be particularly helpful when it comes to aiding the liver in detoxification.
Cucumber, Watermelon, Lemon and Mint WaterIngredients:
- 12 cups of filtered water (3 quarts)
- 1 medium organic cucumber
- 2-3 small organic lemons
- 10-12 organic mint leaves
Wash lemons and cucumbers; slice thinly. Add lemons, cucumber, and mint to pitcher. Cover with water and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight or Slice up a good amount of watermelon into cubes, rind and all, and put them into a jug or pitcher. Cut 1 juicy lime into wedges and toss in with the watermelon. Add a handful of fresh, fragrant, mint leaves and pour in 2 liters of cool water, filling the jug all the way to the top. Let this sit overnight in the fridge and let all the yummy flavors steep and infuse the water. When you want to drink it, put in a generous helping of ice cubes, pour, and enjoy daily.
Try substituting or adding a lemon for the lime, cucumber for the watermelon, beets or a combination of all of them.(cucumber lemon or watermelon mint).
Cool and detox with this beverage.
Mrs Shilpa Mittal
Nutritionist and Diet Consultant
Founder Shilpsnutrilife - Diet and lifestylemakeover